Welcome to UEDA
Urban Economic Development Association (UEDA) of Wisconsin
1915 N. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Drive, Suite 260
Milwaukee, WI 53212
Phone: (414) 562-9904
Join the UEDA Community – get engaged with the work that we do.
Become a Member, follow us on social media, signup to receive emails
about upcoming events, or support UEDA with a tax-deductible
contribution and more.
- Join UEDA: Learn about the benefits of becoming a UEDA Member
- Social Media: Stay in touch with us – see what UEDA and its Members are up to on Facebook and Twitter.
- UEDA Community News: See the latest newsletter, visit our blog and more
- Email List: Make sure you’re in the know when it comes to UEDA events and activities. Click the link above to join.
Connect to UEDA projects, initiatives and events! The following links will take you to places where UEDA does its work – using our skills and expertise to coordinate and facilitate efforts that build bridges across community and regional lines.
- Carnival Milwaukee: UEDA’s annual
fundraiser is “a party with a purpose” and brings together a
large diverse population each February to celebrate our
diversity with a night of food, live entertainment and fun that
highlights our cultural treasures and local businesses. Learn
www.carnivalmilwaukee.com and see photos
from last year’s event here.
- Take Root Milwaukee: A group of over 52 members that work collaboratively to preserve and promote sustainable, diverse neighborhoods by encouraging and maintaining homeownership. Take Root Milwaukee members include mortgage lenders, nonprofit housing counseling agencies, Realtors and other individual community partners that have pledged to uphold industry standards in the delivery of services and promote the use of homeownership education. UEDA is the administrative agency for Take Root Milwaukee, which was formed in 2009 as a result of Mayor Tom Barrett’s Milwaukee Foreclosure Partnership Initiative. Learn more at www.takerootmilwaukee.org or view Take Root Milwaukee's 2015 Impact Report.
- Food Enterprise Development Network (FEDN):
This collaborative project of UEDA formed in 2012 and works to
promote equitable, economic development in urban communities by
helping develop and support a robust, cross-sector support
network that assists micro-level food entrepreneurs and
businesses in Milwaukee neighborhoods and commercial corridors.
FEDN hosts "Recipe to Retail" events, targeted to people with a food-based idea or business and
looking for resources and connections. Check out
website and find event information, recaps,
resources and more.
If you are interested in this series or participating, please
- Coalition for Advancing Transit: A regional coalition of over 310 members that represents individual citizens, local businesses, labor organizations, environmental and community groups, faith-based organizations and civic leaders who believe that a vibrant, modern regional transit system is needed to ensure the economic viability of SE WI. In addition, regional transit provides a vital link connecting thousands of workers to jobs. The Coalition formed in October 2008 as a result of UEDA’s Community Development Summit; UEDA provided administrative support and assistance to their efforts through 2013. We remain active with initiatives that support regional transportation in SE WI. Learn more at www.coalitionforadvancingtransit.com.